Product Review - Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner

I have been on the search for a good deep conditioner for a while now. I have used HE Hello Hydration and Beautiful Ends masks or ORS Replenishing Deep Conditioner to name a few.

Despite being consistent with the one I have used (ORS for the last year or so), I still hadn't found that conditioner that gives you that "moisturised" feeling so many girls talk about on hair forums and YouTube. I started to feel jealous and left out lol

A few weeks ago, I finished my products and decided to try the next one on my list: Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner.
click on image to enlarge 

First, the basics of course, the ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cetearyl Alchohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dimethicone PEG-8 Isostearate, Quaternium-80, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Pinus Sylvestris Cone Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extroct, Centourea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Fragronce/ Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnomal, Glutaral.
 
Now, the second ingredient is Glycerin, which technically shouldn't be used in the winter, BUT as it is for deep conditioning...it doesn't matter, does it? The first five ingredients are good for my hair though (I will get back into what ingredient does what at a later time)

Well...I have been using it twice a week for the last three weeks and I have to say...WHY HAVEN'T I USED THIS BEFORE?! From the first try, I finally experienced that "moisturised" feeling I had heard about.

I used it on wash day first: this was to ensure I had no build up on my hair to get the full benefits of the product. I washed with Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo, then applied Two Minute Keratin Reconstructer followed by the Balancing Moisturizer. Once rinsed, I deep conditioned overnight.
The application was very quick and easy: the product has a creamy but light consistency to it. I thought it would be like all the previous ones (which normally make my hair lumpy and I can't run my fingers through it), but to my surprise, this creme turns sort of watery as soon as it gets in my hair. It was almost as if my hair turned to silk. I can even run the comb through to make sure the product is evenly distributed. Oh! And it smells really nice too!

The next morning when I rinsed, I was happily surprised, again. The product was still there, the silk effect too. And when the water ran through my hair, it felt like butter. I could run my fingers through the hair without problems.

Once towel dried, I put my leave-in and went on to detangle. A piece of cake!! Hardly any breakage.

Below are comparison pictures between before Keracare and after. I think they speak for themselves, no? In both, I had a mix of shedded and broken hair.
 
click on image to enlarge

So far it has been three weeks and I got the same effect each time. Think I might have ticked off the box for my staple deep conditioner.
 
Any Humecto users out there? What results have you had with it?
 

3 comments:

  1. Yes I absolutely love the Humecto! I was using it as an instant conditioner until recently when I saw people using it as a DC. Tomorrow is my wash day and I will be using it once again. HHJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so much so far that I almost feel like using it every day lol I used it last night actually because my hair felt really dry after a (failed) Bantu Knot out. My hair is all nice and shiny again :-)

      Delete
  2. yes, humecto is the best. the best dc on earth. lol
    i use it since november 2012 and felt in love after the first usage.

    ReplyDelete