Protein Update

I did my last Heavy Protein Treatment (HPT) on my last relaxer day, which was January, 9th. It has therefore been 6 weeks. Well...a bit more than six weeks now but I would have had to do it on a Wednesday which was impossible time wise. So I did it last Saturday, the 23rd of February.
 
I used the same protein treatment I have been using since the start of my HJ: Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment.
click on image to enlarge
 
As mentioned above, this treatment is a HEAVY one, so you do not want to use it on a weekly basis unlike the light or mild protein ones. I use the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor on a weekly basis and it is a mild protein treatment. Now I use it because I feel my hair need it (breakage). But every hair is different and what works for me, might not work for you. So be careful when using protein because you can easily get into protein overload which can cause some serious breakage to your hair.
 
Let's get back to my HPT. This one has to be applied properly in order to avoid (again) some serious breakage. How? Let me explain...
 
First I washed your hair (with Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo). Then, once towel dried, I applied the 2-Step treatment. I usually have to be pretty fast because it gets very sticky, very quickly and my hair can get messy. Then comes the tricky and most important part: you need to dry the hair. Normally I would sit under my dryer, but as I do not have it with me, I used my blow dryer. I have to be very, VERY careful when drying because at that point, the product will start getting hard on my hair. Like super hard! So no matter what, I DO NOT manipulate my hair once dried: they will snap and break otherwise. Then I rinse by running the water on them without touching, then when they get soft again, I can start using my hands.
 
Of course afterwards I need to apply the Balancing Moisturiser and deep condition too to restore the moisture/protein balance.
 
I always feel that my hair is stronger after this treatment and will not use the mild treatment the same week to avoid any overload.
 
What about you ladies? What is your heavy protein treatment?
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment