Relaxer nº2 (April 5, 2013)

I finally relaxed my hair last Friday after a 3 months stretch! This was much needed, I can tell you that.
Due to the amount of new growth, I asked my sister to give me a hand and apply it for me.

I had started using ORS Lye Relaxer for my last relaxer, but as I was worried I would not managed to apply it to my entire head within the required time, I preferred to go for a milder relaxer. One that would not be so harsh on my scalp.

I had one application left of the following:
 
I honestly could not tell how long it took for my sister to apply it on my head. But I had to rinse as soon as it was done: my scalp is extremely sensitive so I cannot keep relaxers for long.

I rinsed the relaxer, then applied my Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructer under a plastic cap for 20 minutes. Rinsed that and then used the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I deep conditioned with Keracare Humecto for a couple of hours. I then let my hair air dry.

I washed my hair again the following day with the ORS shampoo and my Roux Porosity Control shampoo (I know it sounds like much, but my hair still felt like some relaxer was on it so....)

I have not made any length check, purely by choice as I don't want any disappointment. I know it will take a while for me to reach BSL again so I prefer to focus on the health of my hair rather than that.

I have experienced some breakage though: a little chunk of my hair just broke. It fell with the water as I was rinsing the relaxer. "Luckily" (I guess) it is under my hair so it cannot be seen.

With all the lack of TLC in the last few weeks (very, very cold weather; flu...), I am going to need to do some serious deep conditioning/protein sessions!

2 comments:

  1. mhm im not 100% sure but i think you shouldnt let the mid protein for so long on your hair because as long as you have not neutralize the relaxer with a neutralizing shampoo the relaxer is still working on your hair. rinsing it out with just water will not do the work.
    the mid step is supoosed to leave in for just 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to investigate on that some more then. Because I had read that it was fine to do this just before the neutralising shampoo. I make sure I rinse properly for a little while before applying the protein treatment.
    For my previous relaxer, I actually did the hard protein treatment then. So....if you include the time it takes for the product to get hard with the blow dryer....I must have spent about 20 minutes between the rinse and the neutralising shampoo. I followed what I had read on quite a few forums as normally I was doing the hard protein treatment a week before my relaxer was due.
    I've had such good results though by doing this that I'd be quite disappointed if I find out it is not a good thing in the end lol

    ReplyDelete