Product Review - Kinki Coili Curli Heaven's Hair Milk

Yes....this quest is still going on unfortunately.
As said earlier, I am trying to find a hair milk as a daily moisturiser. I now have a little list of moisturisers that do not work with my hair (or at least not as much as I'd like them to).
It seems like each time I think I have found something that I'd consider trying from the reviews on forums, the ingredients don't please me.

Until a few weeks ago when I saw this product:
 
Click on image to enlarge

I found it on the UK website of the shop I am used to go to for my products. It was hair milk and the ingredients didn't look bad.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit oil, Riccinus communis (Castor)Seed, oil, Butrospermum parkii, Cetyl alcohol, Cetrimonium chloride, Hydrogenated Jojoba oil, Glycerine, Phenoxyethanol (and) caprylol glycol (and) chlorphenisin, Parfum, Guar Hydroxyprpyltrimonium Chloride.

I ordered it and the price was £5.99 (around $9) for 120ml.
Now what can I say?

Smell:
When I opened it and smelt it, I was put off straight away. To me it has a weird smell to it. Like something rancid. So much that I had the reflex to check if there was a use by date on it! Really didn't like it.

Texture:
This products actually looks like some sort of milk (a bit thicker) once on your hand. It is not creamy or anything, but still smooth. Unfortunately, once it starts drying on the skin, it has this odd feel to it which I cannot describe...it is not sticky but it leaves the skin a bit "rough".

Application:
I was already not up to applying it due to the smell lol but I tried it anyway. The feeling I had on my skin was the same on my hair. At first, it feels smooth but once it starts penetrating the hair, it's almost as if I had used a clarifying shampoo. And of course, the smell!

Conclusion:
I've tried some products that didn't work since the start of my hair journey, and I have to say that this one is the one I've hated the most so far. Yes, I have used the word "hate".

Now I am left with this bottle hardly used. I need to "recycle" it as I have paid for it at the end of the day.

Has any of you tried Kinki Coili Kurli Heaven's Hair Milk? Or any product from that brand? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment